Orange wine from Friuli Venezia Giulia, Italy
Located in Oslavia, near Gorizia, this 12ha vineyard grows on steep slopes. Our soil consists mainly of eocene marls, producing optimal conditions for viticulture. The estate has been run by Stanislao (Stanko) Radikon since 1980, together with his wife Suzana and son, Saša
- Colour: Orange
- Grape Varieties: Chardonnay, Friulano
- Soil type: Ponka
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 25 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Wine composition: 80% Chardonnay and 20% Tocai Friulano.
- Wine-making: After destemming, the grapes are put into oak vats,for 10 days where maceration is held without any temperature control or added yeasts.
- Cask aging: After racking, the wine rests in rover casks (35 hl capacity) for about 12 months. In the meantime more than one racking could be necessary. During all these processes no type of chemical preservatives are added to the wine.
No reviews found...