Light-bodied red, perfect for roasted veggies, seafood on the grill, or Pizza night!
Deep in old gold country, our Grenache grows in two vineyards, Fenaughty and Girard. Girard is a gorgeous lower elevation site, with warm breezes, much like the mysterious mistral of the Rhone Valley.
Higher up to the sky, you will find the unassuming gem of Fenaughty vineyard now owned and farmed by Chuck & Ron Mansfield. For us, El Dorado IS the Fenaughty Vineyard very much like the kitchen is the heart of our home. Fenaughty provides the savory thread and structure where Girard skips across the pallet playing hide and seek with cheerful and pleasing flavors.
This wine’s mouthwatering tartness invites thirsty palates that crave strawberry rhubarb, watermelon rind, late summer raspberries or a crisp Autumn apple. Beneath its fruity façade, the wine offers a foundation of earthier flavors — pink peppercorn, sage and rosemary. Serve slightly chilled with grilled salmon or octopus dressed with a slight squeeze of lemon.
- Appellation: El Dorado
- Vineyard: Girard & Fenaughty
- Varietal: Grenache Noir
- Clone: Tablas Creek
- Age: Planted in 2000
- Elevation: 2600 – 2800 feet
- Soil: Hotow, Aiken, Argonaut Loam
- Harvested: September 5 & 17, 2019
- Pressed: September 17, 2019
- Fermentation: Wild yeast & bacteria in wood vat for 11-12 days
- Barrel aging: 7 months in neutral French oak barrels
- Bottled: Unfiltered on May 4, 2020
- Production: 225 cases
No reviews found...